Tuesday, April 11, 2006

BEAUTY

When we say someone is beautiful what exactly do we mean?
Are we talking about full lips and a high cheek bone, or spaced eyes and a sharp jaw line?

Everytime I open my mouth to profess someone else's beauty I wonder this. I dont know exaclty what makes them beautiful to me, or what makes me feel less beautiful than them. There is no standard that I knowingly hold, but there is something that always registers in my mind as "attractive" or "unattractive".

I know that it is only human nature for one to take a greater liking to beauty; things that are pleasing. I can't fight nature, i can't beat it. I'll try compromising. I will try my hardest to see everything as beautiful. God help me please, I want to see my self and others as something wonderful. Not just something visually vibrant but spiritually and intellectually as well. I want my mind to be beautiful, fruitful,....brilliant! I want to be able to recognize this in everyone else, not just myself. And I want them to know that I think they're beautiful.

No comments: