Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Holy Moment

This concept was mentioned in a movie I saw once. It was described as an instance where you suddenly become aware of the beautiful things that surround you. This is what I understood of it at least. I do that sometimes, make myself aware of everything around me and let me say, it is when I am doing this that I have the most intense feelings I have ever had in my entire life. I stand they, soaking up the sun...feeling it warm on my skin, also shivering from the slight chill on the back of my neck. I am outside standing by the pond by the art building on campus. I know its easy to beware of how beautiful nature is, but this was something different. My senses were intensified and I could see so much more about the picture in front of me. Nature always makes me cry, in that way this time was no different from the others. The wind was singing and the water was vibrant in color in some way. I saw reds, blues, yellows, and greens...

It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I don't know if this was having a holy moment, but, I sure was weeping and felt absolutely amazing afterward. My heart was full of so much appreciation. I do this often now after that moment. I feel silly, but, I admire everything. Everything seems like a miracle...and it is.

Have you ever had a Holy Moment?

No comments: